Greeting

Karibuni! The Lord is good! My name is Brandon and the Lord has done mighty things in my life. I am a missionary in Moshi, Tanzania and God is doing good things for us here at Treasures of Africa Children's Home. This website was created to share that story with friends, family and supporters in the states. I also from time to time will share some thoughts on other stuff as well. Each of the entries are a story of what the Lord is up to and to Him be all glory. Please feel free to send comments and questions to me at bmstiver@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting the site and I hope the Lord blesses you as you poke around.

Peace and Grace,
Brandon Stiver

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gaze



A transcendent truth exists over my head...
I wake up with a faint thought of the word that was said
Find myself in a field where the fog always rolls
Rise to my feet and feel pain in my soles
I stand to take in this land enveloped in a cloud
Prepare for the task before me, I gather my shroud
Then I see two cubs before me, playing in the brush
One cries out loud and the other's at a hush
They play for a moment then the silent one spots me
There's a power in his eyes that he can't even see
I'm overcome with emotion as I look in his face
And anticipate the event, ordained to take place
And for that quiet moment with our eyes locked
The fog escapes our line and the sight is unblocked
And that gaze is the evidence of things unseen
And remember the reality of the word in the dream
In that I take courage and on this path I begin
Knowing the fog is subject too as I go to talk with the Wind
Brandon Michael
June 15th, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...