Greeting

Karibuni! The Lord is good! My name is Brandon and the Lord has done mighty things in my life. I am a missionary in Moshi, Tanzania and God is doing good things for us here at Treasures of Africa Children's Home. This website was created to share that story with friends, family and supporters in the states. I also from time to time will share some thoughts on other stuff as well. Each of the entries are a story of what the Lord is up to and to Him be all glory. Please feel free to send comments and questions to me at bmstiver@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting the site and I hope the Lord blesses you as you poke around.

Peace and Grace,
Brandon Stiver

Friday, November 6, 2009

Love

Love is beautiful, Love is kind
Love is dangerous and sometimes blind
Love inspires music, Love inspires me
Love is really scary and the cost is not free
It will cost you your time, your emotion, your heart
But what you receive in return, well, that's the best part
And as my pen attests to this paper my words for Love cannot express
But if you've felt it before then I can lay my spirit to rest
And know that you know of this Love that I know
That causes me to repeat myself, cause feeble words could never show
The effect Love has and how it changes a man
To throw out everything for the future and let living Love be the plan
But when you fall in Love don't forget that you fell
And there will be pain in this Love, I know it all to well
I told her "I Love you", then she turned and walked away
And I still remember how Love felt on that particular day
But I would rather say and know Love and risk the loss
Then not commit and not be true with my feelings to be the cost
Because the same Love that was causing me pain
Was the same Love I felt for him as I held him that day
And felt his tiny heart as it beat against mine
Love transformed that hospital into God's Kingdom and it was truly divine
And even as I said, "Kwa heri, nakuPenda mwanangu"
That Love is driving me back as if there's nothing else that I can do
So yes I believe in Love, indeed true Love exists
And through his death on the cross, Jesus showed me this
And through his beautiful resurrection, His Spirit witnesses that its true
I can say with my whole heart, "I Love you"
Brandon Michael
September 23rd, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...