Greeting

Karibuni! The Lord is good! My name is Brandon and the Lord has done mighty things in my life. I am a missionary in Moshi, Tanzania and God is doing good things for us here at Treasures of Africa Children's Home. This website was created to share that story with friends, family and supporters in the states. I also from time to time will share some thoughts on other stuff as well. Each of the entries are a story of what the Lord is up to and to Him be all glory. Please feel free to send comments and questions to me at bmstiver@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting the site and I hope the Lord blesses you as you poke around.

Peace and Grace,
Brandon Stiver

Saturday, August 21, 2010

India Post #1 - Around You

Do we realize the realities that are going on around us at every moment?


I got on the flight from Nairobi to Dubai and was going about my business as normal. Joking with the Tanzanian girls in Swahili, trying to look as American as possible, looking forward to the in-flight movie and the good food. I sit down in my chair and browse what movies are going to be showing while we are in the air. “Iron Man 2, haven’t seen it, heard good stuff, yeah I’ll watch it.” My screen wasn’t working and I decide that if it doesn’t work then I’ll grit my teeth, smile and choose to read, pray, intercede and prepare a sermon. I tell the attendant my screen isn’t working and leave it in the hands of God. Does He want me to watch this cool movie or feed myself spiritually and engage the lives of the people around me? If it comes down to what He wants it could just be a coin flip, right? She resets my screen and after missing the first ten minutes, I get to watch the rest of the movie. Good movie.


It finishes and I decide to finish my chapter in the book that I mentioned in the previous post. I can’t even finish the chapter without the Holy Spirit calling me to intercession.



I look up over all the seats in front of me and in the spirit see blood over the heads of the people. “Do you know how much I love these people?” says the Holy Spirit. “I love them so much. I created Adam and Eve out of love and I’ve knit each person together in the same fashion and have the same love for them. Do you know how much it grieves me that they don’t know my love and don’t reciprocate it? I gave my life for them and they hate Me. I have so much love to give. Can you fathom the infinite love I have for each individual that has ever walked the earth? Can you even touch infinity times 13 billion souls?”


Time for intercession. I haven’t had a real meal today and they are finally bringing out the bomb dinner. I ignored God for the first two hours of this flight so I could watch a movie. Am I going to choose to fast this meal to add that hunger to my prayers? My flesh says “come on, you haven’t eaten well today. You normally prepare beforehand for any fasting. That food looks good.” Decision. My spirit says aloud “No thank you.” Okay, I’m fasting for the flight. Keep praying.


I look at the people that are around me. Jesus died for this person. My best friend died for this person. He loves them so much. Worship music goes on. I don’t know what to pray so I pray in tongues. God knows. I look with spiritual eyes and fix my eyes not on what is seen but what is unseen, because that is what is eternal. The man in the seat diagonally up and to the right of me is struggling and is deceived. He is under attack from being too self-involved, pride and some sort of sexual sin. In the spirit, I see these coming against him. I pray against them and ask God to let His presence be felt by him. The man up and to the left of me is dealing with some sexual perversion. The man in front of me is striving for material wealth and status and is found wanting. A couple of the attendants are struggling with insecurity. One male flight attendant has never felt the love of a father, much less the Father. The weight of women not realizing that they are beautiful, indeed the most beautiful of His creation, is all over me.


I must look crazy sitting here. Praying in tongues, praying in English, staring at people wondering if they’ll notice. I don’t know when I’ll have the chance to pray for them again and I just pray that the Lord will bring up other followers and intercessors around them that will lead them to Him. I pray for the other followers in the plane that they would be aroused to pray.


There is so much going on around us. So many people that need Him. So many people that He’s pursuing. Do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...