Greeting

Karibuni! The Lord is good! My name is Brandon and the Lord has done mighty things in my life. I am a missionary in Moshi, Tanzania and God is doing good things for us here at Treasures of Africa Children's Home. This website was created to share that story with friends, family and supporters in the states. I also from time to time will share some thoughts on other stuff as well. Each of the entries are a story of what the Lord is up to and to Him be all glory. Please feel free to send comments and questions to me at bmstiver@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting the site and I hope the Lord blesses you as you poke around.

Peace and Grace,
Brandon Stiver

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Poetry Corner: I Am The Song

Image from theweeweb.co.uk
I love this poem by Charles Causley and the meaning that you can extract from it. Its actually quite mind-blowing and beautifully written. Thinking of God as the Great I AM lights this imagery up as you realize the way He moves through creation and our very lives. This is the first poem that I have penned in my journal and I think you can see why.

I am the song that sings the bird.
I am the leaf that grows the land.
I am the tide that moves the moon.
I am the stream that halts the sand.
I am the cloud that drives the storm.
I am the earth that lights the sun.
I am the fire that strikes the stone.
I am the clay that shapes the hand.
I am the word that speaks the man.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Brandon! I have never heard or read this poem before, but I really enjoy it! I love the rhythm and energy the poem creates. The mysteriousness and wisdom of God is astounding, and I think this poem reflects that well. I am reminded of the story in 1 Kings when Elijah hears God in a whisper following the procession of earthly elements. The connectedness between God and his creation is beautiful and at the same time overwhelming and almost terrifying.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...