Greeting

Karibuni! The Lord is good! My name is Brandon and the Lord has done mighty things in my life. I am a missionary in Moshi, Tanzania and God is doing good things for us here at Treasures of Africa Children's Home. This website was created to share that story with friends, family and supporters in the states. I also from time to time will share some thoughts on other stuff as well. Each of the entries are a story of what the Lord is up to and to Him be all glory. Please feel free to send comments and questions to me at bmstiver@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting the site and I hope the Lord blesses you as you poke around.

Peace and Grace,
Brandon Stiver

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Treasure - Glory

Somehow this one snuck past me, but I think it might be the final reprisal of the Treasure profiles on the blog. I'll be doing new ones from here on out. Here's what I wrote on Glory on June 21st.

Glory is such a great girl. She is in the fourth grade and one of our original five to come to TOA just over three years ago. For those of you that are wondering, Glory is a common name here. As a matter a fact, all those names of our kids that are English words that stick out to you are quite common here. Anyways, Glory has such a sweet personality and I’m very blessed by her. Now I got some Swedish and German blood running through me, so I’ve got a decent coat of blonde hair on my arms. Glory (or Gee-Lo as the common nickname goes) loves to just pet my arms. I don’t get it. I’ve had other kids do it before, but she does it all the time. Its quite funny to me and she is completely inconspicuous about it and just acts as if this is the most normal thing to do when your dad has hairy arms. She has a very fun personality and is much more out-spoken than her shy older sister Helena. It is so funny playing ESL Bingo with the kids and many of my kids say this, but its Gee-Lo that is plastered in my head saying “I say, baba!” It doesn’t do it justice in writing to share this with you, but I love it so much. “I say” is a very Tanzanian expression, its not Swahili, the intent is English and my kids, Glory in particular, say it all the time when they miss a point in Bingo. Its quite funny. Glory always brightens up my day and I’m so blessed to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...