Greeting

Karibuni! The Lord is good! My name is Brandon and the Lord has done mighty things in my life. I am a missionary in Moshi, Tanzania and God is doing good things for us here at Treasures of Africa Children's Home. This website was created to share that story with friends, family and supporters in the states. I also from time to time will share some thoughts on other stuff as well. Each of the entries are a story of what the Lord is up to and to Him be all glory. Please feel free to send comments and questions to me at bmstiver@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting the site and I hope the Lord blesses you as you poke around.

Peace and Grace,
Brandon Stiver

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Treasure - Lucy

Here's another reprisal of a previous Treasure profile. I originally wrote this on April 3rd.

Lucy is one of the most beautiful children that the Lord has made. She and Catherine, were the two children that came to TOA between my leaving at the end of July and returning in January. I remember when I got back to Moshi and after my first week of language school, I went to TOA. The other children came up and greeted me and were climbing on me as they were happy to see me back. Lucy came up and said “shikamoo, baba” I replied “marahaba” (an exchange of respect to someone older than you.) I immediately looked up at Lydia and Jodie and said “she is beautiful!” Since then she has become one of my 26 favorites. I spend a lot of time with her between the preschool and just life. She is old enough to be in first grade, but she came to us not knowing much of anything, so she’s spending a year preparing first. Because of this, she is in the preschool and, along with Justina, does computer exercises as well. I focus on developing her English in hopes she gets to the levels of Sam and Maggie in a couple years, if not more. She has an incredibly sweet spirit and disposition. She loves to cuddle and laugh. We were watching her and Tina playing this hopscotch type game and someone said “look at how cute Lucy plays” and I said “I can’t think of anything Lulu does that isn’t cute.” She is simply a wonderful little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...