Greeting

Karibuni! The Lord is good! My name is Brandon and the Lord has done mighty things in my life. I am a missionary in Moshi, Tanzania and God is doing good things for us here at Treasures of Africa Children's Home. This website was created to share that story with friends, family and supporters in the states. I also from time to time will share some thoughts on other stuff as well. Each of the entries are a story of what the Lord is up to and to Him be all glory. Please feel free to send comments and questions to me at bmstiver@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting the site and I hope the Lord blesses you as you poke around.

Peace and Grace,
Brandon Stiver

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Treasure - Sabetina

Sabetina is such a precious little girl that I love so much. She was on my heart today as I was working with the lower elementary kids on the computers following their tutoring time. She came up to me as I was emailing on my lap top and I couldn’t help but give her a big hug and kiss as she came to just ask if I was working with them today. I told her I was and she specifically asked to practice her English today using our Rosetta Stone program and I gladly obliged. As I was supervising the children I was also sending out emails to our child sponsors (we can always use more supporters and several of our children don’t have a single sponsor… wink wink). Coincidently, I was emailing Tina’s one sponsor, my friend Dan, who came with me on my first trip to Moshi in 2008. I remember those two weeks and how whenever we were at TOA, Tina just clung to Dan. It was sweet to see that. Tina came across as a very shy little girl, but she is clearly growing out of that. I first remembered summer 2009 when I was interning with Ryan and Tina just farted right on me as she sat on my lap (actually Diamond did exactly that today as a matter of fact) and I knew that Tina was officially comfortable with me. Tina and I have a very fun relationship. She is always laughing and playing outside, but she isn’t afraid to show a little sass as well. She is very smart and I was pleased with how well she was doing on the English program today (it’s the day to day English usage that we need to draw out of her). She is a very sweet and very beautiful little girl and we are blessed that the Lord has drawn her to our home.

Note: I am going to do reprisals on the previous Treasure posts as their own separate posts. So keep an eye out for those as they come out exclusively here on Blogger. I will probably do one every other day until I have caught up completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...