Greeting

Karibuni! The Lord is good! My name is Brandon and the Lord has done mighty things in my life. I am a missionary in Moshi, Tanzania and God is doing good things for us here at Treasures of Africa Children's Home. This website was created to share that story with friends, family and supporters in the states. I also from time to time will share some thoughts on other stuff as well. Each of the entries are a story of what the Lord is up to and to Him be all glory. Please feel free to send comments and questions to me at bmstiver@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting the site and I hope the Lord blesses you as you poke around.

Peace and Grace,
Brandon Stiver

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Treasure - Justina

Alright, I'm catching up now. I'll be posting new profiles again before we know it. This one was originally posted on July 24th.

Treasure: Justina is such a special little girl. She just turned four last month. Justina is about as across the board as a kid comes in regards to emotions. There have been many times, where I’m convinced that she is the happiest child on this green and blue ball. As you get to know her, she
starts to open up a little and you get a glimpse of her incredible sense of humor. She is just the goofiest and funniest little girl. She more than any of our kids has had her own language. We believe that earlier on, she wanted to speak English so would mimic that, but it wasn’t actually English at all. Now her big thing is acting like Curious George (the kids new favorite cartoon character) as she runs around the field making all the noises and facial expressions. She’s quite theatric and you can tell that there is an artistic side to her for sure. And yet at times, she becomes ultra moody and even defiant. I’m reminded more and more that fatherhood is not for the faint of heart and when your children are misbehaving, correcting them puts that difficulty on full display. When it comes to the preschool exercises, she is my best barometer of my own teaching (Lucy’s a bit old and the other five are a bit young) and I’m blessed to see that she is learning a lot. Her English is coming along very well (see Colors with Justina on TOA’s Facebook or my YouTube) and she is very intelligent. Justina holds a special place in my heart and I’m very much blessed by my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...